Even if the stone covering the 1800 m2 façade comes from a quarry near the Meuse, Burgundy stone is still very present :
Indoor tiling (1500 m2) in bands of BUXY with a brushed finish
Outdoor paving and staircases (600 m2) of Rocheron with flamed finish (Comblanchien quarry)
Architects Jacques Millet and Jean-Côme Chilou opted for simple lines. At the foot of the Lorraine Cross guarding the path to the entrance of the museum, this innovative architecture occupying 4000 m2 is elegantly cladded in French limestone to meld with the great landscape surrounding it.
Website of the Memorial : http://www.charles-de-gaulle.org